Stencils are a Revolutionary product which helps in making designs for any object or pattern in a very short time with perfection every time. Object/pattern can be made/tracked on wood-based, fabric , paper, canvas, wall , furniture , glass or any surface.
How to Stencil
Steps to follow
- Clan the surface where object/pattern to be made. If the surface is not smooth, you need to do sanding using sand paper,Clean the surface of any dust and thick paints, as surface have to be flat where you want to do stenciling.
- Hold Stencil tightly on top of surface where you want object/pattern to be drawn. If you are confident you will be able to hold it until the end of work hold it manually else use paper tape to stick stencil edge on top of area where stenciling to be done.
- For Acrylic Paint Stenciling: Take a very small amount of paint without water and start dabbing using foam or soft brush. Don't use bottle liquid paint but Tube, thick viscous acrylic paints
- For Chalk Paint Stenciling: Take a very small amount of paint without water and start dabbing using foam or soft brush.Again make sure the brand you are using is thick enough and not running paint
- For Texture Paste Stenciling: Take texture paste on knife and start applying until it covers the complete object. Remove excess.
- Keep on dabbing in multiple layers ,2-3 thin coats than 1 thick coat
- Join the bridges where needed, if you don't want the tags on stencils to be visible after removing stencil
- Little touch up is ok where needed in case of bleeding, after all its handmade product
- Do not take excess paint for acrylic and chalk paint stenciling else it will spoil project.
- Do not spray paint if stencil is not stuck on surface( as Vinyl Stencil)
How to maintain life longevity of stencils?
Clean every time with light warm water gently. Clean it under running water or by using a soft brush. Make sure tags of stencil is not getting damaged while you are cleaning it.Incase using texture paste, soak the stencil in lukewarm water immediately after use ,as it tends to damage stencil if left to dry
How to Clean Your Stencils?
A good quality stencil can be used for years if it is used properly and proper care given which cleaning and storing it.
- Clean the edges in such a way that no paint deposit remains on stencil otherwise it will damage the sharpness of edges and curves.
- Dry it and keep safe in a file in an organized way so that it's easy to find.
- Give extra care of tags while washing and storing.
- While washing do not bend tags in opposite direction.
- Do not fold stencil. Keep stencil flat without folding.
How to organize your stencils for easy access?
One point of time you may have big number of stencils then finding particular stencil may be very tedious and frustrating job. Hence organizing stencils in some classified way is also recommended. Classify your stencils as Objects, Designs, Sentiments etc and keep in file organizer. You can choose organizer in such a way that you can flip it easily to look for needed design. You can use name label if needed.